Delivering Outstanding Resiliency
Make sure your storage infrastructure can adapt to your data center’s changing workloads for super storage availability.
From high-volume, low-margin retailers to global banking corporations, every business requires ‘always-on’ storage to maximize operational performance and secure their advantage. Take advantage of these three essential tips for building a smarter, more resilient storage strategy.
Tip 1. Deploy data center-aware storage
Delivering high availability storage for the highly heterogeneous workload environment of today’s data center requires more than simply focusing on speeds and feeds.
- Mixed workload management in the cloud
- Perform analytics in the cloud, so flash controllers focus on storage throughput
- Ensure hardware failures never impact availability
Tip 2. Go from NDU to NDE
Just non-disruptive upgrades (NDU) are not enough anymore. Deploy a storage solution that provides non-disruptive everything (NDE) including seamless and non-disruptive capacity and performance scaling.
Watch out for things like:
- Forklift upgrades
- Complex data migrations
- Non-autonomic or disruptive rebalance
- Downtime while upgrading
Tip 3. Demand SLA Guarantees
Avoid All-flash solutions that cannot guarantee 99.999% availability. Many vendors talk a big game, very few back up their promises with written guarantees and remediation for the vendor.
- A performance claim is not the same as a performance guarantee
- Ensure your guarantee will deliver the same improved levels of performance as your business scales for consistent, world-class application experience
Download these Three Tips to Make My Storage More Resilient and learn how Kaminario delivers the best enterprise availability in the market.