Many vendors have centralized infrastructure management solutions focused reporting on the obvious – the ‘what’ and the ‘when’. Therein lies the problem. True differentiation comes with helping customers get from the ‘what/when’ to the ‘why’ and more importantly, ‘now what?’. Enter Kaminario Clarity!
Kaminario Clarity is a call-home data analytics platform helping lead us into the era of the autonomous datacenter. The Clarity platform collects millions of active data points from our customer-base for intelligent monitoring, visibility into storage operations and the unique ability to leverage application-level intelligence. Today we are announcing enhanced functionality for Clarity focused on driving actionable insights from the infrastructure and mapping it to IT and business operations.
A Quick Look at Clarity’s Supporting Infrastructure:
Clarity utilizes value from best-of-breed technologies such as Docker, Elastic and Kubernetes enabling us to run continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD), and in turn enabling our customers to get greater value from the system at a much more frequent pace. The majority of Kaminario customers fall in the SaaS/Cloud-application space so it’s only natural that we act like one too!
Recapping the core capabilities of Clarity –
- ‘One Ring to Rule them All’: A single pane of glass to manage all K2 systems deployed by the customer. Many of our customers have multiple K2 systems deployed across different sites with varying degrees of access considerations. Using fine-grained access mechanisms, it’s possible to limit access to a specific subset of K2 systems based on user profiles. As an example, for many of our SaaS customers, its natural that DevOps teams own the Test & Dev environment but have limited or no access to production systems.
- Capacity Monitoring and Planning: In addition to the intuitive sort/filter/group capacity monitoring capabilities (correlated with events occurring in the system), Clarity now provides the ability to predict future usage patters. Predictive analytics for capacity usage and future scale events are based on several machine learning algorithms. These include analyzing different usage patterns for a period of time or a specific workload. Given K2’s pain-free capacity or performance scale capabilities, customers can easily time their future purchases and upgrades.
- Performance Monitoring and Planning: As with capacity planning, the performance monitoring and planning feature enables accurate performance analysis with 5 minutes granularity back to the “beginning of the time”. This can be granular to a specific volume, block size and IO type.
- Centralized Events Management: A comprehensive dashboard that aggregates events from across entire clusters of K2’s with detailed filter capabilities. Filter by time, event id, array id, event severity, or just run a keyword search.
- Advanced Reporting Capabilities: The ability to export Clarity presented data for “offline” analysis.
- Kaminario Support Portal Integration: The combination of real-time events collected from call-home data and an always evolving rules engine help generate predictive alerts across a wide range of business-critical functions. Ultimately helping our customers realize a new level of automated service experience. In fact, more than 90% of support cases are currently opened autonomously and in many instances even before the customers realizes. More on the seamless and proactive support experience in a future blog.
Introducing Clarity Intelligent Service Groups
While there is a lot more that we could dive into, I thought to focus today’s blog on a newly developed functionality called Intelligent Service Groups. The Intelligent Service Groups functionality provides the practical link between a storage administrator’s world of LUNs/IOPs to the business owner’s world of applications, KPIs and SLAs. Have you ever been frustrated with your storage customers’ and their constant disappointment in the service level provided by you – without being able to clearly explain the need? Have you struggled to easily assemble data for upper management to justify infrastructure growth needs tied to a business case? Now there is an app for that – Clarity.
With Intelligent Service Groups, customers are able to define a set of volumes/hosts among one or several K2 systems that represent an internal or external customer, specific application or organization within the company. The defined service group will aggregate all storage resources utilized by it across all systems. Customers can define SLA requirements for the specific service group that may include IOPs, capacity (allocated and provisioned), bandwidth and other rich metrics for continuous and intelligent monitoring. IT infrastructure managers can easily identify if the storage is meeting business requirements on a per-service-basis or as an IT infrastructure-as-a-whole. This works just as well in the other direction – you maybe able to go back to the business and show it consumes more infrastructure than it had requested (or needed!). Another use case is creating cost-defined usage boundaries to figure out costs to satisfy specific application requirements and ultimately enabling a chargeback model (be it actual or virtual). Just another reason why Kaminario has been so successful with SaaS customers.
Next time you need to justify an upgrade with your management – just issue a report showing resources consumption on per business orapplication basis – believe us, the conversation will go much smoother.