As a leader in the solid-state array market, one of Kaminario’s goals is to ensure easy and time-efficient adoption of our technology. As a result, we’ve identified the need to provide best practices for running various workloads on the Kaminario K2 array. Our Solutions Engineering team is working on compiling step-by-step guides on the most technically relevant and correct guidelines. This blog introduce the first white-paper in this effort – A Reference Architecture for Running SQL Server on ESXi and the K2 array.
The white-paper covers topics such as:
- Introducing the Kaminario K2 Array: Built to support modern workloads that require efficient use of resources, high performance and exibility in scale. Ideal workloads for the K2’s all-flash architecture are virtualized environments used to increase server utilization
- Microsoft SQL Server: One of the most widely used databases in the world.
- Deploying SQL Server on VMWare ESXi: ESXi host configuration impacts performance of SQL Server. Recommended configurations must be followed to achieve desired performance.
- Kaminario SQL Server Configuration Best Practices: A summary of SQL Server best practices and Kaminario’s recommendation for each.
To download the white-paper, please visit our Resources page.
Stay tuned for additional blogs on topics like:
- SQL Server High Availability on K2,
- Best Practices for Running SQL on the K2,
- Oracle Backup and Restore Using K2,
- Best Practices for Running Oracle on K2,
- Reference Architecture for Running Oracle on Kaminario K2,
- Achieving Oracle High Availability with Kaminario K2, and more.