Standing Tall Amongst Giants
The news last week that Gartner recognized Kaminario as a Leader in the 2017 Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays marked a major milestone for the company. Dani penned his thoughts in this blog. What stood out to me was how the entire team at Kaminario has stayed true to it’s core purpose over the years – never straying from a focus on technology leadership, customer value and true innovation.
This week brings more validation of our strategy from our friends at Gartner in the 2017 Critical Capabilities (CC) report for Solid-State Arrays. The CC report is a Gartner-validated analysis of 19 all-flash storage products across five high-impact use cases to quantify what’s important to infrastructure and operations leaders. Kaminario achieved the highest scores for Online Transaction Processing, Analytics, High Performance Computing and the second highest scores for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Server Virtualization.
Delivering on the needs of SaaS and Cloud-Scale Applications
Gartner defines “Critical Capabilities” as attributes that differentiate products in terms of quality and performance. Gartner recommends that IT organizations include these critical capabilities as key criteria for acquisition decisions. Gartner assigns relative weights to each capability for five use cases including OLTP, Analytics, HPC, VDI and Server Virtualization (see graph below). These weights are applied to the raw capability scores to create a ranking for each product in each use case.
We find it notable (and re-assuring) that Kaminario K2 scores so well on the use cases most important for the SaaS and Cloud-scale applications providers that make up our bulk of our business. We find these customers share a common set of requirements for their storage infrastructure:
- A consolidated storage platform to run transactional databases (OLTP) along with real-time analytics or Online Analytical Processing (OLAP), without sacrificing on underlying performance.
- A flexible architecture that allows for incremental growth, scale-up AND scale-out, to match the growth pattern of SaaS/Cloud applications
- A self-tuning, simplified management layer that makes storage management a breeze. Set it and forget it!
Turning Product Capability into Real Value
Kaminario has helped many Organizations like Shark Ninja, Clearwater Analytics and Scentsy realize operational, performance and economic benefits along their journey to the all-flash datacenter. Gartner has recognized some key attributes of the K2 that make it a stand-out choice, specifically –
- Excellent Track Record of Innovation: In addition to intelligent analytics (Kaminario Clarity) fueling easier storage management, Kaminario has a clear path to NVMe and NVMe over Fabrics that we’ll be unveiling at Flash Memory Summit next week. Stay tuned for one of the most exciting announcements in recent times around true storage composibility.
- Extremely Flexible Design and Unmatched Scale: As one of the only SSA analyzed that has both a scale-up and scale-out design, the K2 brings unprecedented levels of flexible scale to datacenters.
- Investment Protection: Kaminario ForeSight offers a comprehensive set of assurances to help protect your investment today and forever.
- Exceptional Value: A highly efficient RAID implementation, an effective capacity guarantee and comprehensive data reduction technologies help reduce your overall TCO by 70% or more.
We Love Helping Customers become Superheroes
We have been ramping up a fun marketing campaign that centers on the idea of IT Superheroes – even before we received this recognition from Gartner. The superhero them resonated with us because we wanted to shine a light on our amazing customers who are defining IT strategies that will shape the success of their organizations for years to come. We wanted to shine a light on some the best Engineers in the industry that have worked tirelessly to make the K2 a go-to platform for the modern cloud-driven businesses. And finally, we wanted to shine a light on our trusted partners that have joined forces with Kaminario to help change the storage landscape.
The storage market is a tough business. There are giants that bully customers with the strength of their incumbent positions. There are giants that obscure the facts with their big marketing budgets. I am proud to be with a company that stands tall among these giants with some very simple superpowers: awesome technology, customer focus, eye toward the future.
We are truly honored to be recognized as an all-around leader by Gartner this year.
A sincere and heartfelt thanks to our customers, partners and the entire Kaminario team for making this achievement possible.
If you are impressed, curious, surprised, or skeptical about these numbers, there is only one way to see if they add up. Let’s do a free proof-of-concept to prove we can deliver more value than anyone else in the industry. Let’s talk!
These graphics were published by Gartner, Inc. as part of larger research documents and should be evaluated in the context of the entire documents. The Gartner documents are available upon request from Kaminario. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
*Note: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.